A diet containing all kinds of foods in a proportion that covers all vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients is a balanced diet. It includes:
Diet expert states how many calories you should consume in daily life according to your lifestyle.
An individual needs calories depending on life activities. According to diet experts, the average person requires 2000 calories a day but it varies from person to person.
The amount of calories one needs depends on the age, gender, and physical activity he is involved in!
Why a well-balanced diet is important:
Running a car requires fuel. Similarly, to energize your body you need a diet. The more effective and balanced your diet is, the healthier your body will be.
A balanced diet helps you fight diseases. The people who maintain a healthy and balanced diet can stay away from lots of diseases. People who don’t care for their diet can be more exposed to diseases.
So, what a good diet does? It defends you from infections, energizes you, and activates you to enjoy and live healthily.
Now, it all starts with our childhood. Our body starts development since we are kids. The kids who don’t intake specific nutrients suffer lately in their lives.
Types of diet:
There are basic 4 components of a balanced diet:
About 25% of our daily diet should comprise of protein. You can get proteins from pulses, beans, and dairy products.
Fruits and vegetables are the major sources of proteins.
Carbohydrates comprise 60%of a healthy individual. This is because most of the human’s energy needs are fulfilled by them.
A type of nutrient i.e. fats is similar to proteins and carbohydrates. The human body needs fats for brain and heart health. But still, some fats are unhealthy for the human body.
Water is an important component of our lives. An adult needs eight glasses of water daily. Water fulfills your body requirements and there is no other alternative to it.
Importance of a well-balanced diet:
A good diet helps controlling weight and to live a healthy life. A well-balanced diet includes low-calorie foods, proteins, and grains. There are many health benefits of a well-balanced diet, which are stated below:
- Development of body
- Weight maintenance
- Boost in energy levels
- Low risk of illness
- No depression
Balanced diet food list:
- Go for grains
- pick some proteins
- Diary products
- Add some colorful vegetables
How to maintain a balanced diet:
Tips for eating meaningful:
- Meals: Never skip any meal. Try to get two meals a day and snacks twice. Skipping any meal will never help you in leading a healthy life.
- Raw foods: Add more raw foods like salads. Learn to keep a diet simple. Add more fruits and vegetable juices.
- Drink lots of water: Add more water to your diet. It removes maximum toxicity from the body leaving useful substances inside.
- Add a variety of vegetables: Including different vegetables in your diet is always a good choice. A single food cannot have all the nutrients. It helps in fighting obesity and living a healthy life.